Welcome to Joomla Bliss!
Joomla Hosting Requirements
Joomla Website Hosting Requirements
- Get a LAMP server: Linux + Apache Server + MySQL + PHP/Perl
- A *nix apache server. Linux, apache is the best type to host a Joomla website
- PHP scripting available (php version 5.0.4 min.; 5.3.1+ for Joomla! 5.3.1+)
- Access to MySQL database (MySQL version 5.0.4+ min.; 5.1+ for Jooma! 3.0)
- Hosted on a Linux Operating System required to enable mod_rewrite (for SEF).
- Support of ionCube script and GD Library
Joomla Website Porting Requirements
Access to CPanel or similar web based dashboard which allows:
- File management access
- File transfer (FTP)
- Database access, creation and management
Joomla Security Requirements
- Regular backups
- System log (for tracking hacker attacks points of entry); a minimum of one week, the more then better
- Website restoration service (often at additional cost)
Joomla Website Support Requirements
- Ability to reach support 24/7 via live chat
- Ability to speak with a live person support over the phone
- Ticket system with a tracking ability
- Not a reseller hosting company (preferably)
Joomla Bliss used several hosting companies in the past few years, and our preferred company for Joomla hosting is HostGator.com . Hostgator is not a reseller hosting company, they own their data centers, which are located in the States; they provide regular website backups; they offer website restoration services; and their support has been consistently very good. And their prices are very good as well.
Please note that Joomla Bliss is not a reseller of Hostgator.com; we simply recommend them to our clients when we are asked which hosting company is good.
We are not aware of a hosting company with data canters in Canada that we can vouch for. If you do know a good Joomla hosting company with data centers in Canada that you can vouch for, please send us a reference.